Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday

I have a theory gaining popularity at work. It always seems that when I come back to the office after being on the road, I am completely worthless for a period of time. It's not that I intend not to accomplish anything, it just inevitably happens. I have started tracking my uselessness and there seems to be a direct correlation between number of days on the road and number of "screw around" days at the office. Since I was in Wichita and Harper on business Monday and Tuesday, I automatically get to screw around Wednesday and Thursday, hence why I am blogging instead of working. I have shared my findings with other Compliance Officers and though they may not agree on the 1:1 ratio, they definitely have the same results after being out on the road. Interesting... I wonder if this phenomenon affects all businesses or just state employees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on the road for awhile, so I don't quite remember. But, one can't afford many "screw around" days in public accounting. So, though it may exist, I'm not sure I have experienced the 1:1 ratio. In fact, I've been out of town weeks on end, and I can guarantee you I've never had six weeks of unproductivity. :)

(Sorry it took me so long to notice your new post. I certainly want to encourage future posts... so as to have a reason to check your blog more consistently. :) )

Anonymous said...

I think the real ratio of "screw around" days for you is 1 day on the road: 1 week of "screw around" days. I on the other hand, barely get back to the office and have to hear silly tales of shopping experiences, humorous anecdotes, or get overwhelmed with your ceaseless questions. It's no wonder people think I never work...